Korea Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (KORIL-RDF) opt to support a leading R&D project in the field of “Smart Robotics” reflecting the industrial trend and future vision of both governments.
The objective of Lighthouse Program is to combine forces – Industry and Academia – in joint R&D to achieve a significant breakthrough in the field of Smart Robotics, in the sub- segments in which both countries possess complementary skills & R&D demands – Logistics, Agriculture & Livestock, Robots for Domestic use (including assistive care) and Health.
- Criteria of the program:
- Must be in one of the following subjects in Robotics: Logistics, Agriculture & Livestock, Domestic (including assistive care), and Health.
- Must have at least one research institute and one industrial company from each side. a Max. of 3 entities from each side
- Grant for the consortium is up to 66% of the total budget, up to 5.3M USD. Max. grant each year is 1.5M USD
- Total project duration is between 2-4 years
- Research institutes/Academia a sub-contractor. Max of 30% of the company's budget.
- At least 30% of the total budget must be spent in Israel/Korea
- The relevant TRL stages for the project are from 3/4 to 7/8
|Method||Top-down + Bottom-up|
|Sector||Robotics in chosen sub-segments:
Logistics, Agri Livestock, Domestic(Including assistive care), and Health Tech
|Eligibility||Industry-academia consortium (2 or 3) x (2 or 3)
No more than 6 entities in total (Academy as a partner in the consortium up to 30% of the budget)
|Period of project||2~4 years|
|Grant size||66% of the total budget
Max. 5.3 million USD
Max. 1.5M each year
|Proposal Evaluation||On-site interview by local evaluator(s) final decision by Board|
|Reports||Extended Interim/Final reports In 4 periods|
|Royalty||2.5% of gross sales until 100% of the grant received|